The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25 May 2018, gives individuals in the European Union enhanced rights over the use of their personal data. Under the GDPR, we are required to give you certain information, including your rights, when you provide us with your personal data.
By subscribing to any of our services, you are giving us your consent to process your personal data for the purposes described below. This consent can be withdrawn at any time by visiting our preference center Preference Center Kluwer Law International BV
The personal and other data which we ask you to provide us with when subscribing for our services will be used only for the purposes of providing you with online services according to your subscription and improving those services. Part of the data you provide us with will be aggregated on an anonymised basis for statistical purposes.
Protection of your personal information:
- We will take all reasonable and necessary steps to protect your personal data.
- We will not sell your personal data or transfer it to any third parties, other than our data processors who will be contractually bound to process your data only in accordance with our instructions and to keep your data secure.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
Your rights under the GDPR include the following:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold, how we obtained it and how long we intend to keep it.
- The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data (also called the right to be forgotten).
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data to another organisation).
- The right to be informed of any automated profiling (We will not process your personal data in this manner).
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by contacting us as described below.
In certain cases, we will need to satisfy ourselves of your identity before we can action a request under the GDPR.
If you have any queries about our services or about how we process data, you can contact us at:Kluwer Law International B.V.
Zuipoolsingel 2, 2408 ZE
Alphen aan den Rijn
Email address: LRS-DataPrivacy@wolterskluwer.com