Each monograph follows the outline below: The Authors. Table of Contents. List
of Abbreviations. Acknowledgements. Preface. General Introduction.
Part I: The European Community. Forthcoming
1. The European Community and intellectual property.
2. Intellectual property and free movement.
3. Intellectual property and the competition rules.
Part II: International Conventions. Commentary. Forthcoming
1. The Paris Convention for the protection of industrial
2. Copyright and neighbouring rights
5. Industrial designs.
6. Plant variety protection.
7. Chip protection.
Part III: National Monographs
1. Copyright and Neighbouring Rights.
3. Utility Models.
6. Industrial Designs.
7. Plant Variety Protection.
8. Chip Protection.
9. Trade Secrets / Confidential Information.
10. Geographical indications and appellations of origin.
FRONT MATTER: International Advisory Board;
Encyclopaedias and Editors; Introducing the International
Encyclopaedia of Laws; Curriculum Vitae of the General Editor.
GENERAL SECTION: List of Contributors; Introducing the
International Encyclopaedia of Intellectual Property; Curriculum
Vitae of the Editor.
• Argentina, by Prof. Dr. G. Cabanellas;
• Australia, by Prof. Dr. W. van Caenegem;
• Austria, by Dr. R. Schnopfhagen, D. Heine and J. Winkler;
• Botswana, Ms Siamisang Morolong;
• China P. R., by Prof. Guo Shoukang;
• Croatia, by Prof. H. Sikiri´c, Prof. Dr. I. Gliha and Mr. M. Vukmir;
• Czech Republic, by M. Simundová and Prof. Judr. I. Telec;
• Denmark, by Dr. Th. Riis;
• Estonia, by Prof. M. Koitel, K. Nemvalts and R. Koitel;
• Finland, by Prof. Dr. N. Bruun;
• France, by Prof. J. Schmidt-Szalewski and Dr. N. Bouche;
• Hellas, by Prof. A. Liakopoulos;
• India, by Dr. T. S. Gupta;
• Indonesia, by Dr. Bambang Kesowo, Dr. CitaCitrawinda Priapantja;
• Japan, by Prof. T. Doi;
• Latvia, by PD. Dr. F. Diedrich and I. ˘Svarca;
• Malaysia, by Prof. Dr. I.M. Azmi and Dr. J. Abdajalil;
• The Philippines, by J. D. Jimenez;
• Portugal, by Prof. Dr. M. V. Rocha;
• Romania, by Dr. A.C. Strenc, Dr. G. Gheorghiu and Dr. G. Bucsa;
• Singapore, by M. Wai San Wong and Ng-Loy Wee Loon;
• Slovak Republic, by Prof. J. Svidron;
• South Pacific, by Assoc. Prof. Sue Farran;
• Spain, by Prof. H. C. A. Bercovitz Rodríguez-Cano, Prof. G. Bercovitz
Álvarez and Dr. R. Bercovitz
• Switzerland, by Prof.Dr. F. Dessemontet;
• Turkey, by Prof. Dr. E. Özsunay;
• Uganda, by Ms J. Apecu Laker;
• United Kingdom, by C. Davies, T. Cheng;
• United States of America, by Prof. S.W. Halpern, Prof. C. A. Nard, Prof. K.
Port and C. W. O’Neill;;
• Uruguay, by Prof Dr. Beatriz Bugallo, Prof. Juan Manuel Gutiérrez-Carrau.
For more information of any International encyclopaedia of Laws volume, visit