Foreword. About the Authors. Preface.
1. Introduction: Formal Processes and Alternative Mechanisms of Reorganization
in International Initiatives on Insolvency; A. Rouillon.
2. Argentina: Expedited Debt Restructuring under Argentine Law: Acuerdo
Preventivo Extrajudicial (APE); R. Olivares-Caminal.
3. Australia: Voluntary Administration Leading to a Deed of Company
Arrangement; I. Walker.
4. Brazil: Brazil’s Two New Mechanisms for Out-of-Court Reorganizations:
‘Homologation of Consensus’ and ‘Enforcement of Agreement’; L. F.
5. Canada: Canada’s Expedited Debt Restructuring; K. P. McElcheran.
6. England & Wales: Schemes of Arrangement and Company Voluntary Arrangements;
S. Bewick, M. Fennessy, D. Marks.
7. France: The Idiosyncracy of the French Judicial System and its Preventive
Procedures for Expedited Debt Restructurings; I. Didier.
8. Hong Kong: Corporate Rescue in Hong Kong; C. D. Booth, S. Briscoe, P. Smart.
9. India: The Corporate Debt Restructuring Mechanisms in India; R. Luthra.
10. Italy: Article 182bis of Law 80/2005 and the Code of Conduct to
Restructure Debt Issued by the Italian Bank Association; A. Auricchio.
11. Japan: Expedited Corporate Debt Restructuring in Japan; S. Takagi.
12. Poland: Out-of-Court Debt Restructuring in Poland; L. Giliciński.
13. Turkey: Pre-Packaged Corporate Restructuring Mechanism under the Turkish
Execution and Bankruptcy Law; S. Simavi.
14A. USA: The United States Expedited Proceedings: ‘Pre-Packaged’ Chapter 11
Plans; L. P. Granfield, A. de la Cruz.
14B. USA: American Bankruptcy Reform and Creativity Prompt the In re Blue Bird
Body Company One-Day Pre-Packaged Plan of Reorganization; J. M. Goffman, M. A.
McDermott, K. Ramlo.
15. Private International Law Implications of Expedited Corporate Debt
Restructurings; G. Arends.
16. The Tax Consequences of Corporate Debt Restructuring; D. Dürrschmidt.
17. Implications of Merger Legislation for Corporate Restructuring; I.